18 April 2006

Just a Small "Thank You", God

Lord, as I was driving through the countryside this afternoon, I noticed how beautiful the Spring is this year. I heard someone say the other day that the daffodils have flowered about a month late, but what a difference a month makes. Seas of daffoils everywhere along with the trees in bloom: lime green shoots here, pink apple blossoms and pinker cherry trees there and those bushes with the yellow flowers (I have no idea what they are).

Thank you for your creation and for the riot of colour this year. It took awhile, but it was worth it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
We have just driven home from Skegness down the A17, and there are fields of daffodils in flower..beautiful. it was like driving through a sea of yellow!

Conrad said...

How long did it take you to get used to spelling color colour and connection connexion?

P.S. here in Dixie the daffodils are all bloomed out but the Iris' are really kicking in!

I had several dutch iris bloom that I had forgotten I had planted a few years ago. They were such a surprise in addition to the other Iris'

see-through faith said...

even later here ... but I'm waiting with anticipation and these past few days have been gloriously WARM :)

PamBG said...

Yay, Lorna! Enjoy God's creation. :-)

It sounds like Spring comes to Finland about the same time that it comes to the place that I was born in! If you blink, will you miss it?