09 August 2009

Ohio

We have arrived in NorthEast Ohio after an 8 and a half hour plane trip from Heathrow to Cleveland Hopkins airport. The trip was mostly uneventful except for customs apparently thinking that they needed to rip the zip off my bag to open it, despite it having an authorized lock; oh well, not the end of the world.

This morning, when I woke up, I was actually a bit teary about leaving the UK. That caught me a bit by surprise but it makes sense when you think that I've spent more than half my adult life in the UK.

It's very strange being back in the area where I was born and which I left at the age of 17 back in the mid 1970s. I never thought I'd be back here and I never thought I'd leave the UK. Wonderful Husband seems to be finding the whole thing less traumatic than I am at the moment.

Anyway, it's now past 1:00 am my 'body time', so I'm off to bed. Today marks a big transition point in both our lives.

4 comments:

Olive Morgan said...

I'm so glad you've arrived safely - and continued your blogging! I can understand how you feel because, although it was only for a few days' holiday, I too found it a strange experience to be back in my home area (last September) which I had left at the age of 17.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Doorman-Priest said...

Welcome Home! I look forward to more details as you settle in.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the Midwest, Pam.

I hope your body adjusts to real time soon.

Dave Faulkner said...

Glad you arrived safely. Thanks for the Twitter comment, BTW, I'm late catching up on that stuff while on holiday.