06 August 2006

Moving: D Minus Two


My last service at my home church (see right) this morning. It was the first Sunday of the month and so the worship group sang before the service; I was invited to sing one last time. I'd been worried I would get emotional but I got through the before-service singing just fine.

The worship service was led by a Local Preacher and an "on note" Local Preacher from another church. We stood to sing the first hymn - Seek ye First the Kingdom of God - and I started crying during the "Alleluias" in the second verse. I cried during the second hymn too and then managed to compose myself for the rest of the service which was about how Jesus meets our real, spiritual needs.

What was the closing song? I, the Lord of Sea and Sky. I'm not sure if I even got through to the first chorus and then I just decided that I was going to let other people sing around me and be resigned to the fact that I would just cry through the rest. The woman next to me linked her arm in mine as we finished the last two verses and I felt like I was part of a Christian community and that we we holding each other in our hearts.

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

3 comments:

Sally said...

wow- such a powerful song- and so right- blessings on your move Pam- may God guide and keep you

PamBG said...

Thanks, Sally. It's been kind of an emotional day.

Removers come tomorrow for the first load of stuff, but I'm feeling ready to go now.

Conrad said...

Pam, I cry during those hymns sometimes even when there isn't a reason.

I think some hymns just bring out a lot of emotion in me.